Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tis’ the Season….

It’s fall and that means we are heading up to Bishop Ranch Pumpkin Patch again in the very near future.  Mickie, who has been like a mom to me for the past 20+ years…OMG…that makes me sounds old…ugh! and her amazing husband Craig (who I have learned I don’t win any kind of argument with, I thought I was stubborn…hmm, he has me beat)  invited us up last year to the Pumpkin Patch.  It was a great time and I decided this needs to be part of Emma’s fall tradition…so we will all pile in the car…Emma, Mommy, Nana & Papa too! 

They have a petting zoo, a train ride, pony rides (Emma wasn’t too keen on that, but we tried), and pumpkins, huge pumpkins in the patch…it was great.  It will be interesting to see Emma’s reaction to the experience this year.  She is much more sure of herself this time around, look out animals, here we come.  I’m sure she will be climbing on the pumpkins instead of being sat on top and posing for mommy…this year, I will have to be fast J

We had such a great time, I decided the day needed to be preserved and presented to Craig and Mickie in the way I best know how…photos and a quilt.  I had to make all my Christmas gifts last year and when I was going through my stash, I came across this adorable fabric that seemed like a project was already started but certainly not finished (how did that happen?????) and decided this would make the perfect gift!


Mickie and Craig loved receiving it as much as I enjoyed making it…its memories that we will all cherish for a long time to come.   I am so blessed to be Emma’s mom!!!

We are looking forward to our trip in a couple weeks…I haven’t told Emma yet, because she would be asking is it time yet?  Can we go to the patch now?  For now, we will leave it as a surprise!!

Xoxo, Emma’s mom

No comments:

Post a Comment